Countdown to 1 yr

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Special Moments

As many of you know I have been spending the past few weeks teaching Kelsey how to sleep and working on getting into a routine. There have been many challenging moments and many time where I wonder where I went wrong as a Mom and if I'm doing the right thing for her. But through it all I have learned a lot! I've learned so much about patience and endurance! Little does Kelsey know she's a great teacher! After all the discouragement I decided to look back on the time and find some special moments.
So here are a few:
1.Kelsey never has been a very cuddly baby, but through this process she has learned to cuddle under my chin during our wind down time and now I know when she's tired when she will let me put her head on my shoulder or under my chin.
2.She also has started to hum with me. I always have music playing when I put her to bed and lately I've been humming along with the music. She has started to hum with me to put herself to sleep. Its so precious and every time she does it my heart melts.
3.While she falls asleep she loves to hold onto something and my finger is her first choice. Its almost like as long as she can touch me she's ok!
These are moments that I hope to treasure for many years, as there will be a day that she won't want to cuddle with me, sing with me or hold my hand! Thank you Lord for giving me this precious gift and for teaching me to look for the positive in the negative.

2 comments:

  1. Dylan would sometimes have a tough time going to sleep. I started nap training him at 4 weeks old!! Sometimes I regret it since I didn't take what I think now was enough time to just enjoy him as a new born, but then there are other times when I don't regret it at all because he is an amazing sleeper now, and I think it has a lot to do with his early napping schedule. Glad to hear that you are able to make such special moments with Kelsey. Also, don't worry, you are the best mom that Kelsey will ever get!! God is so good, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After Desmond got 4 teeth at 9 months his schedule was completely off and it was hard on everybody to get him back on schedule(he was waking every 2 hours at night.) I hope Kelsey is going to be a better teether than Desmond was/is. Your last sentence has been my prayer through many of the challenges that I've faced this last year.

    ReplyDelete