Countdown to 1 yr

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Piano

Ever since I've moved here I've been missing my piano back at home. I didn't realize how much I missed playing and singing till I didn't have a chance to do it anymore. I've casually been looking on craigslist for a piano for the past 2 years but usually it's too far away, or it's been spoken for already or my hubby doesn't really want to insure the truck to go pick it up. The other day at Bible study we were talking about pianos for some reason.. not really sure why... and I said yea, that's on my wishlist for sometime in the future. Well... my dear friend Ginni said that her in-laws neighbors had one that they wanted to get rid of.... and was sure that if we wanted it we could have it. One thing led to another and our wonderful friends even helped Brian pick it up... with there truck and deliver it to our home!! (we have such wonderful friends!!!)


So it came and now sits in our basement. It needs A LOT of TLC but even just a quick cleaning has made it look a lot better already. Not sure if we will completely redo it as it would be a ton of work but it needs a really good tune and then it will be good for the playing that I want to do.
As I was cleaning it though I was thinking to myself..... if only this piano could talk! I wonder how many hands have played it's ivory's and how many songs have been sung with it. At one point in time someone will have made the splurge and spent the big bucks to buy it and it will have been a treasure but now so many years later it's been neglected and forgotten. It made me ponder about our spiritual life. When we first accept Christ it's so wonderful and exciting and beautiful... but if we neglect it it doesn't take long and it gets dull and worn out. But if we take care of it it can stay that beautiful and becomes even more valuable.
Just something I was thinking about ....

No comments:

Post a Comment