Countdown to 1 yr

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Do not worry about tomorrow...."

For anyone who knows me really well, or not even too well, they know I worry. I worry about so much... I know that God desires me not to worry and to give Him everything... but my human nature fights against that regularly.
Lately I've been worrying about money. I'm sure that everyone worries about money at some time in there life. Well I've been worrying about it because in less than 2 months I am no longer getting mat leave. So of course we have been discussing about how we are going to live on several hundred dollars less each month, especially when there are so many things that we want to do next year.... like travel to Manitoba at least once... and hopefully in the future move to a home with a back yard for Kelsey and our future children (Lord willing) to play in. Of course I desire to stay at home. I've always dreamed of being a stay at home Mom and now more than ever I don't want someone else raising our daughter and knowing our daughter better than we do. I have spent the past several weeks worrying about where the money was going to come and how I could make several hundred dollars extra a month but still stay at home. I wasn't coming up with much to say the least. Most of you know that I have been making crocheted hats and selling them. This hasn't brought in tons of money but I would like it to bring in some but wasn't sure if the need/want/demand was out there and yea.... worrying.... then last night I received an email with an order for 9 hats, then shortly after that I heard back from a Mom that I had talked to a few months ago about babysitting her son while she goes back to work. She was still very interested in having me care for her son. Nothing is confirmed yet but just the fact that there is a chance gave me hope. And as I was telling this all to Brian I started crying. I realized at that point that GOD was in control and that HE would ALWAYS take care of us. Somehow or someway we would be cared for. God just reassured me of that last night. God is so good and His Love is forever, and I know that He will always care for me!!

.... for tomorrow has enough worries of there own!"

4 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you as you are trusting God in this area - so hard, I know, but also am seeing the fruits of being a stay at home mom, it's hard sometimes, mostly when I want something new or to buy something for Jonathan and having to stick with our budget, but it's also been so rewarding to actually stick to a budget! And even more exciting to see how God has provided extra ways for me to earn money in little ways! I love seeing Him at work, and allowing Him to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel Melissa. I am worrying about money now too. But it is AMAZING how every single time God pulls through. God is so so good to us. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought tears to my eyes here Melissa! I know the feeling, and oh how great our God is! I sure hope that things work out for you to be able to stay home. (Always remember though that y'all could always move to MB and save $$ on that dream house of yours!!!)

    ReplyDelete