
Picture of me on Sunday.... 40 weeks and 2 days
Well, it's 2:00am and I'm sitting here at the computer once again because I can't sleep. So I thought that I would write some of my thoughts down.
Got a really exciting phone call yesterday morning.... my sister-in-law Becky (who was due 1 day before me) called us to tell us that they had a little girl born early that morning. They named her Leah Taylor. We were able to go visit her yesterday eve. She was so beautiful.... beautiful rosy chubby cheeks, downy soft hair, tiny little ears, Long fingers and delicate finger nails.... just perfect!! It was so wonderful to hold her and to dream that soon Brian and I will be able to be in there shoes as well. I will admit though, it was hard as well to get the news. It certainly makes me a little more anxious to meet our little one as well. I just can't wait to see who this little person is that has been hanging out with me for the past 9 months. Now I really want a little girl so she and Leah can grow up together and be best of friends!!! Funny story... for those who didn't know.... Carl and Becky and Brian and I decided a few months ago to talk about the names that we had chosen. Every time we had talked about names that we liked before we realized that we seemed to like the same names. So we decided to share the names that we picked just in case we went into labor at the same time and so that we wouldn't have a situation where we would have to pick a new name short notice. Sure enough.... our boy name was exactly the same and the girl name was too similar that we couldn't use them together. So we spent the next few weeks deciding on 2nd choice names. Brian and I couldn't believe our ears when we heard on the phone yesterday morning that they named there little girl Leah..... why you may ask.... well because that was our second choice for a girls name!! Couldn't believe that again of all the names that you can pick we again choose the same name! I think next time we will try to NOT have our babies the same week!!! We like too many of the same names..... makes it too complicated. But it was also nice to know that someone likes the same names as you....
Well, I'm going to sign off now.... I'm going to try and lie down and sleep again.... although baby is starting to really move around a lot so not sure he/she will let me sleep! oh well.... like everyone says.... it's preparing you for motherhood! :) At least with motherhood, when I'm up during the night I'll have something to do besides boring you all with little details of my life... I'll have a beautiful baby to take care of!
Hopefully the next time I post it will be informing you all of our new addition to our family.

Brian and I holding our new little niece..... Leah Taylor


Enjoy reading your posts. You look beautiful. I am waiting to hear your news too. Your mom is at Grandma's today and my mom will see her sometime today too. I don't know what it is like to be overdue but I am sure the waiting can get long. Soon, Melissa you will be a mommy :) Children are such a blessing and a gift!! Baby will come soon :)
ReplyDeleteLaurie
Congratulations on your new niece! If you get really bored waiting maybe you can take that picture of you and Brian and your niece and make it your profile picture on facebook!? I'm sure it would cause a bit of a stir and make for some good entertainment!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and hoping today is the day!
Congrats on becoming an auntie!! This isn't the first grand child on Brian's side, is it? Hopefully you are still able to find some names! :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa, you look so GREAT still! :) I feel so bad for you that you just have to sit and be patient. Hope little babe comes tommorow for you! Get a good night sleep :) If I can convince Derek, maybe I will try to come... :) Prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteMelissa,
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog on your facebook. I was checking to see if you've had your baby. I saw that you were going to be induced on the 23rd, so maybe you did???? I'm excited to meet him/her (even if it's just via facebook or your blog). =) Hope y'all are doing well!
Rach